Thursday, September 18, 2014

Top 7 TV Shows you must watch



With passing age your mind starts thinking all crazy questions, trying to be wiser but all it ends up doing is confusing us even more than we are currently. These couple of days have been bad since my mind is bombarding with “the wise” questions. What are doing with your life? Is this what you want to do rest of your life? Are you loving it? You getting old!! and combine it with work deadlines  its just ERghhhhhh…… Weekend where are you?????? 

When I was studying I remember I used to imagine when i get a job I will be developing new stuff(LOL) and partying my weekends away ( DOUBLE LOL) . When I started working I was like okay I might not be developing new stuff but ; what the hell I will still party my weekends away. Alas !! 1 month down the line all I wanna do during the weekends is SLEEP!! EAT !!and do Laundry. I have become a sloth and I feel its kinda good for me I am gaining weight :-D  Bed, Laptop and pizza nothing can beat that combination..EVER !! I am movie and TV series addict so that suits the case perfectly. Though movies are great but nothing gets you hooked on like a good TV series. Trust me!! So here is my list of favorite must watch series which will help you laze your days out in bed.

7) Lost:- I remember the first time I had seen its promo trailer and I had put a cross on the calendar for the Sunday it was going to air ( I used to do that before when something good was going to come on the cable)And it did not disappoint me. It traced the journey or survivors of Oceanic Air Flight 815 on what seemed to be a deserted island. What follow are series of mysterious events with alien kind animals and the Dharma Initiative. I used to have long conversation with my mom about the button they had to press every 108 minutes to prevent some catastrophe from happening and The Others. Though season 5 and 6 were a little boring all in all it was a great series.


6)Gossip Girl:-“And who am I? That’s one secret I will never tell. You know you love me. XOXO. Gossip Girl” This was my ringtone for literally an year. I wont lie the reason I loved this series so much was a) the clothes and b)Chace Crawford . The series narrated by a secret blogger revolves around lives and drama of high class young adults from Manhattan. I find it to be typical Indian serial with masala and excitement with foreign colors.





5)The Amazing Race- This was probably the first reality serial I ever saw. It was my favorite for a long time. Its on my to do list as well to participate in it. 12 Teams starting from US travelled along the world doing various tasks and at end of each leg the last team was eliminated. Every season I had my favorites whom I wanted to win and watching them race kinds made me feel it was my race as well. My all time favorite will definitely be Rob and Amber. I even got a red backpack like the one they used  to carry :-D I also liked Tyler and James, Kris and Jon, Derek and Drew, etc


4)How I Met Your Mother:- Barney Stinson!! You are AWESOME!!! This was one of the funniest series I have ever seen and I still watch it. It’s a story narrated by Ted to his kids about how he met their mother. So it basically is on day today life of Ted and his friends Robin,Lily,Marshall and Barney. With Ted trying to find his one true love, Robin’s complicated feelings, Barney just being awesome and Lily and Marshall’s married life. It was a superb series with a not so worthy finale according to me. 


3)Supernatural:- This is a series with fighting ghost,spirits,demons and everything evil and god I love it. This was another of me and my moms favorite serials to watch. It a started as a story of two brother Sam (Cutie) and dean (Hottie) on quest to find their father and then the yellow eyed monster who killed their mom and Sam’s girlfriend and went on over to fighting other evil bodies on the way. It was also full of bromance and dying and coming back to life. It just has everything in it. 


2)Friends:- Till a month back this was my best and most favorite series of all times and I am sure most of you will feel the same. From 1994-2004 it defined not only our fashion sense and lingo but entertained us to the core. Like HIMYM it was about lives of 6 young adults in their early twenties Rachael, Ross, Monica, Pheobe, Chandler and Joey  in New York City. It was funny, emotional, crazy, quirky, and romantic. It was the full 7 course meal. If you haven’t watched this then you have certainly missing something in your life. I still watch this every few weeks 3-4 of my fav episodes. It certainly gets a 10/10 from me.



And now the number 1…Drumroll………..Its


1)Game of Thrones:- This Magnum Opus based on books by George Martin is just that. HUGE. It is one of the craziest shows I have ever seen. The first time i had read the title when it was coming on TV i had read it mistakenly as Game of Thornes and i was like what is this. Thornes as in Thorns ?? I have the bad habit of assuming words by just looking at the letters and it has got in me in trouble few times. But coming back to GOT, once you start it you get hooked to it. Its such a badass, And the best thing is you never know whats going to happen. Unless of course you have read the books. Its about how everybody conspires and fights to sit on the Iron Throne. It has all the characters you could find the crowd favorite Tyrion, the most hated guy in world Joffery ( I hate Joffery), the hot Khaleesi with her Dragons ( Yeah they have dragons on this show and Direwolves and Giants) the courageous Arya and the guy with same expression Jon. It’s a show where anyone can die. And I mean anyone. Its something you need to watch atleast once in your lifetime and I can guarantee you wont regret it.


These were my top seven. I would love to know your favorite in comments below. Till then ..
XOXO.. bye.

**Image Source:- Google**

No comments:

Post a Comment